Tuesday, May 27, 2014

SUCCESS STRICKS!

My efforts were successful and I am so extremely excited to begin this new journey in my professional career as an Special/Elementary Education Teacher :) After receiving the position, a few friends and colleagues were curious about the interviewing process and the roles and responsibilities of this new position. If asked in college, I would be able to provide text book answers. The problem with that is, we are not in college anymore and the text book answers just don't suffice. The only real way to gain this knowledge and practice is to experience it first-hand. This is how I came up with the idea of starting a blog. I wanted to share with others experiences of my first REAL year as a special education teacher. I want to provide readers with authentic scenarios, lessons and activities that have been successful, strategies for first year teachers that I liked and didn't like as well. I want to create a support for other novice teachers, like myself, to come, beg, borrow, and steal (effective classroom ideas).

As I begin this journey, I want to hear from you! Whether you are a first year or a veteran teacher, I want to hear from you. Your stories, struggles, successes, strategies and ideas. Things you wish you would have learned in college that may have prepared you better for your first years as a teacher. What do you wish you had on your first day of school. What works or doesn't work. I promise to do the same. On this blog, I will add links that may assist with interviewing skills, research I have found to help as an educator, and much much more...

No comments:

Post a Comment